Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm so excited!  My first post!  Well, I have been busy trying to design this blog so that it looks cute.  This is my best attempt so far-- it is quite time consuming.   I think I have seen on other blogs that there are people who design blogs for a living-- which means I would have to pay for a cute blog design.  But, that would be money that could be better used elsewhere right now, so I won't be doing that.  Well, on to other things.  First of all, why did I name my blog "Tator Tot Mish Mash"?  Well, first, because "Tator Tot" was one of my nicknames when I was little.  Second, I have tots-- two of them, which I will be writing about on here.  Third, this will be a "mish mash" blog-- lots of different topics will be on here.  I can be pretty scatter-brained-- thinking about a lot at once.  So, this blog will probably reflect that.  Whatever I want to write down, I probably will.  I was inspired to start blogging from my friend Amanda (hi!).  She has two tots of her own, and she is a great writer, and a great mom, who enjoys blogging about their lives.  A main reason for my blog is to write about the everyday happenings of my children.  I know that they will grow up so quickly, and I want to blog about the little things (and big) happening in their lives.  Why blog though?  Well, I am just not a journaler.  I know this after 29 years of life.  But, blogging is different (don't ask me how).  Also, after a couple weeks of posts, I plan to print all the posts, then file them into a binder.  I will have this to keep for a lifetime.  I know that if I don't blog about the little everyday things, they will get lost in this brain of mine.  So, here we go... 

No comments: