Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Spinach Salad

One of my passions is good food-- that's good tasting and good for you.  This is my favorite time of year, with all of the wonderful fruits and vegetables that are being harvested.  We have a great little farmer's market here in Lafayette every Saturday morning.  I took Josiah and Evelyn to it this past Saturday.  Little man nabbed a green bean from one stand when I wasn't looking!  Anyway, we have had lots of yummy veggies and fruits to eat this week.  I decided to try out a new recipe this week.  It is a Spinach Salad.  It turned out really well-- a keeper.  I added some sliced grilled chicken (that I had marinated in italian dressing) on top of the salad too, to make it a complete meal.  It looked so pretty too (I can't always say that about my meals)-- wish I had taken a picture.  Here is the recipe for those who might also want to try it.  This was posted by "Hey Jude" on recipezaar.com:

Spinach Salad with Honey Bacon Dressing:

Directions

  1. 1
    Combine first 6 ingredients with 5 of the cooked, crumbled bacon strips in a large bowl.
  2. 2
    In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, vinegar, oil, mustard lemon juice and remaining 2 strips of cooked, crumbled bacon.
  3. 3
    Pour over salad.
  4. 4
    Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss the one at Upper Room. This sounds yummy too :D